Monday, November 25, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

The Samaritan's Purse delivers shoe boxes all around the world to children in need. The goal is to show God's love and to share the Good News of Jesus Christ! I so want our focus during this busy holiday season to be on our Savior and on loving others...to focus more on the giving than receiving. With G being two years old this year, she is starting to understand a little more. I know that it can be especially easy for a two year old to be so consumed with toys and what else she can get to play with. So before she really understands anything about Santa or that she may get anything at Christmas I am trying to show her how wonderful it is to serve and give to others. I also want to share the Good News with my sweet little girl who I still have the privilege to pour into! I am so thankful she soaks it up with a cheerful heart!
So I made sure of what all we needed and we headed to Wal-Mart! I let her help me pick out as much as she could...so many times I heard her saying the word "mine" as we were going through the aisles (that's her new thing :/ ) which made me even more thankful for this opportunity!
I wasn't able to take too many pictures of the process because...you know...she's two. ;) But I was able to snap a few while she picked out just the right baby doll for her friend.




 We prayed over our box for our friend right before we left for the drop off location. I'm so thankful that my children are helping me remember what's important during this busy season as well. :) 
I hope everyone has an incredible Thanksgiving week..we will be spending time with a lot of our family and we can hardly wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment