Day 248/365 Tonight was O's first night in a big boy bed! (Josh is still working on the bunk beds so we will use the floor until they're done) I knew that this wasn't going to be as easy as it was with Grace. She never got out of bed in the beginning and never cried. I knew he would get out of bed and I was pretty sure he would cry. But I was ready. It started out really good! He and G loved the new mattress...great for jumping!! He loved it all the way until he realized he had to sleep in it. Alone. Daddy read to him, said his prayers and then we cut out the light. He. Was. Terrified.
We felt pretty bad for him...we certainly don't want him to be scared...so Daddy read to him again to help calm him down.
We decided to let his sister sleep with him since she really wanted to anyway and we thought the company the first night might help. He was still so unsure and wanted to cry so bad but G held his hand and talked to him...telling him he didn't have to be scared, which helped..
but the silliness that came soon after really helped!
After the lights went out I heard her singing one of her favorite songs to him.. "Goodnight...Goodnight...let's go to sleep, goodnight...I'll kiss your cheek..and you will sleep..now close your eyes, goodnight..." (sometimes I don't think she could get any sweeter)
I also heard her trying to get him to stay in bed...not saying it worked...but it was a sweet try. ;)
Eventually they were having a "fight" over the door. O wanted it shut and G wanted it open. O would get out of bed to close the door and G would be right behind him to open it back up...which made him cry. I had already told G that if she couldn't stay in bed that she would have to go back to her bed...so...off she went back to her bed. O cried for just a minute after that but went to sleep shortly after! Honestly it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Praying it will only get better!





My sweet little babies <3 I love this post!
ReplyDelete