Friday, January 31, 2014

Her Blankie | Cherish this Day Jan31

Her blankie is stained, stinky, worn.....and loved. very loved. We were given this blankie before she was born and would always use it (and another one that is a lot like it) when she "needed" a blanket. I'm a cozy/blanket person...so I often think everyone needs a blanket. She quickly attached to it and it was almost like a drug. (I know that sounds terrible) She holds her blankie to her nose while she sucks her thumb and just breathes it in. If she is doing this, she will get really still and she has this stare that she does...she looks like she will fall asleep at any moment. When she was a little younger and just starting to get around really well I would have to take it from her and only let her have it at nap time because she would just sit with her blankie all day and never play. Thankfully, on most days, she is better about that because is also better at getting to her blankie. Lately she has become even more attached to it (hard to imagine..I know.) and thinks she needs it everywhere she goes..potty included. This is something that we want to always remember. The way she holds, smells and loves this nasty, stinky and very special blankie. :)


Part of the reason this is so special could be that this was me at two...I also had my very own stinky, stained, worn and very special blankie...and thumb. ;)  (oh..and apparently I had the stare too..)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Katie I thought that was your daughter at the end too. That’s uncanny how much you look alike. Gorgeous photos by the way :)

    ReplyDelete